Daily Package Rate
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets Minimum Daily Package Rate and it must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The Minimum Daily Package Rate is as follows:
- March, April, May and September October, November: USD $250 per person per night halt.
- December,January, February and June, July, August: USD $200 per person per night halt.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over Tourist information and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual USD $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons USD $30 per person per night.
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
The minimum price includes:
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium)
- all travel with a licensed Bhutanese tour guide
- all internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- camping Equipment and Haulage for trekking tours
It also includes following taxes to the Government:
Hotels and lodges for international tourist accommodation are approved and updated from time to time by Tourism Council Bhutan (TCB).